Saturday, June 27, 2009

favorite movies

I can remember my mother taking me to my first movie when I was a child: Disney's Bed Knobs and Broomsticks starring Angela Landsbury. I've loved it and I have always loved movies so much that it's impossible for me to make a short list of favorites. So here is a current list of my favorite movies ... so far. Movies about artists are highlighed in green. Do you see any of your favorites here, too?

Beautiful Thing, Dead Again, Rag Tag, Back Soon, Latter Days, The Best Man, The Devil's Advocate, Center Stage, The Fury, Higher Learning, The Turning Point, The Bucket List, The Omen, The Secret, Camp Out, Star Wars III, Breaking Up Is Hard To Do, Wonder Boys, Playing By Heart, One Week, Indigo, The Family That Preys, The Secret Life of Bees, Pleasantville, All About Eve, Chocolat, Get Real, Pitch Black, Dangerous Liaisons, Ready To Wear, The Object of My Affection, Chasing Amy, Living Out Loud, Like It Is, Making Love, Fame, The Thirteenth Floor, Superman II, The First Wives Club, The Sixth Sense, Eighteen, The House of the Spirits, Soulfood, X-Men III, Cover, The Matrix, What the bleep do we know?, Billy Elliot, Save Me, The Trip, Anti-Trust, Aliens, Die Hard, Murder at 1600, Chicago, Memoirs of a Geisha, The Forgotten, Star Trek: Nemesis, Saved!, Basic Instinct 2, The Phantom of the Opera, The Witches of Eastwick, But I'm A CheerLeader, Party Girl, Gone But Not Forgotten, Gattica, Moonstruck, Bestseller, The Hunger, American Beauty, Soap Dish, The Devil Wears Prada, Identity, Pi, Weird Science, Fresh Horses, The Breakfast Club, Paris Blues, The Poseidon Adventure, Willie and Phil.

1 comment:

Rosie said...

OK- I said I would put something about your film choices, and here it is:

- which Omen - the first or the remake? I like both, and maybe liked the remake more.

- I like alot of what you listed, but for obscurities we can talk about, I LOVED Saved, Chasing Amy, Living Out Loud (although not as much as when I recently re-watched it), Gattaca, Looking for Mr. Goodbar (I was just thinking about that yesterday), and Pitch Black.

- My faves: Riding Giants, Truly, Madly, Deeply, Constantine, Hellboy, Bring It On, Mishima, The Original Kings of Comedy, Genghis Blues - oh, I could go on

- Keep it going - I admire you for starting a blog. I keep threatening to, but you have done it! Good for you!